1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "Power Pics Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on September 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 3, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 3, 2012.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia EXCLUDING FLORIDA and are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants who have not reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to enter be declared a Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("VMN") Lenovo ("Lenovo" and together with VMN, the "Sponsors"), and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsors, and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: Visit http://Lenovo.powerof12.org (the "Web Site") and submit an original photograph that captures the theme of "Power Pics" and illustrates "how you will use your power in Election 2012" (the "Photo(s)") as well as a caption that explains how you will use your power in Election '12 (the "Caption" and together with the Photo an "Entry" or collectively, the "Entries"). Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period either via the Web Site or via your own Twitter account. You will need to create a Twitter account if you don't already have one if submitting via Twitter. Twitter entries must contain a Photo, a Caption (each as described above) along with the hashtag #iwillusemypower. Membership on Twitter is free (as of the date of publication of these Official Rules), and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://www.twitter.com (the "Twitter Web Site") and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.). By submitting an Entry to this Sweepstakes via Twitter, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY TERMS OF SERVICE OF TWITTER. You are also encouraged to follow the MTV Power of 12 (@mtvpowerof12) Account so you can see updates and announcements relating to the Sweepstakes, including, the Winners'' announcement to see if you've won. If a winning entry is submitted via Twitter, the Winner of such entry will be direct- messaged via his/her Twitter account (pending verification). Winners submitting via the Web Site will be notified in accordance with Section 6 below. Potential Winners who fail to respond to the Winners notification processes described herein will be disqualified and another Winner may be selected. You must submit your Entry in accordance with the instructions above during the Entry Period to count as one (1) Entry. There is no limit to the number of Entries an entrant may submit however any sort of automated Entry sent via a bot is strictly prohibited and limit one (1) Prize per person. Any entrant suspected or found to be submitting automated Entries of any kind will be disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AND ALL SUBMISSIONS AND METADATA SUBMITTED FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE. IN ADDITION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE RETWEETED OR REPOSTED BY THE PUBLIC OR OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH SPONSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE.
Entrant agrees: (a) that he/she has all rights to the contents of the Entry all components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents and permission, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (b) that the Entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) that the Entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Entry in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (d) that the Entry is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Entrant shall retain all copyright in and to his/her Entry; provided, however that entrant agrees that by entering into this Sweepstakes he/she is granting Sponsors and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates and affiliated broadcast stations and networks, successors and assignees and licensees) the non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable right and license, but not the obligation, to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, dub, superimpose, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform and distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, the Entries and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised for any purpose, throughout the world in perpetuity. Sponsors ,may use the Entries (or any portion thereof, including, without limitation an entrant's Twitter screen name or username) to advertise, promote and publicize, the Sweepstakes, Sponsors respective business, products and worldwide programming services and/or VMN's and Lenovo's respective websites in all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so; such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Entries. The undersigned acknowledges that Sponsors may use the Entries in accordance with the permission granted herein without any payment to the undersigned or any third party.
Entrants agree that Entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
Gang signs or symbols
Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, etc.)
License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses - physical or email or otherwise
Website or web page links
Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
Trespass or the violation of other people's rights or property
Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion
Language and themes contained in Entries will be evaluated by Sponsors based on content and societal acceptability.
Sponsors are not obligated to, use, publish, display or broadcast any submitted Entries (in whole or in part). Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsors will rely on such entrant's agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the entry. Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entries that they deems, in their sole discretion, to violate any of their respective standards and practices policies or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsors may modify or edit any materials related to an Entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
In submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsors that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries". In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the email account or Twitter account, as applicable, used to register, in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an email provider or a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Winners who submit via Twitter may be contacted via direct message to be informed that they have won. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode," your updates/responses may not be visible in the MTV Power of 12 (@MTVPowerof12) inbox and may therefore not be received by Sponsors unless you previously consented to permit Sponsors to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device's capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Featured Entries. On a rolling basis, Sponsors will select a to-be-determined number of Entries to be publicly featured (including, without limitation, online and on-air) at its discretion (the "Featured Entries"). By submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that their Entries may be displayed by Sponsors in this manner in accordance with the terms of Section 4. Entries may be featured with or without entrants' Twitter screen names or usernames. Entrants whose Entries have been selected as Feature Entries may be asked to provide proof of eligibility prior to the initial public distribution of their Entries and to execute any documents provided by Sponsors effectuating the same. Featured Entries may be reposted by the public and open to public commentary, which entrants acknowledge, is not under the direct control over Sponsors. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any public commentary made in connection with an Entry.
6. Winners' Selection/Notification: There will be a total of twelve (12) winners (each a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners") selected at random from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsors. Winners will be announced within approximately one (1) to two (2) weeks following selection and verification. Sponsors will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following Winner's selection to contact the potential Winner via his/her Twitter account or via tweets, comments or direct messaging from http://www.twitter.com/mtvpowerof12 (if Winner's winning entry was submitted via Twitter) or via email (if Winner's winning entry was submitted via the Web Site),. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until the designated number of Winners have responded, as time permits. Failure of a potential Winner to respond in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
The final determination of the Featured Entries and Winners shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to extend the Entry Period, modify the number of Featured Entries or to not select the Featured Entries or Winners if Sponsors determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, that Entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the entry criteria specified herein or if an insufficient number of qualified Eligible Entries are not received. Sponsors reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Featured Entries and/or and Winners in its sole discretion. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsors disclaim any liability from, and entrants, whether or not selected as a Featured Entry or Winner, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsors relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate Featured Entry, and/or Winner in the event that any entrant who has submitted a Featured Entry or Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
7. Winners Verification. Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsors' sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsors: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members ("Releasees"), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner's social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the "Releases"). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes entrants's agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize received. Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winners may forfeit Prizes at Sponsors's sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsors' deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsors relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsors expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsors deem necessary.
8. Prizes (12 Total): Each Winner will receive one (1) Lenovo IdeaPad U310 or Lenovo IdeaPad U410 (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion) (the "Prize(s)"). The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of each Prize is $799.00 (USD). The actual, final ARV of the Prize may be higher or lower due to market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the final value and the ARV will not be awarded. All details relating to the Prize shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If any Prize is forfeited, and there is sufficient time to determine and notify an alternate Winner, the forfeited prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. No prize substitution permitted by Winners. A potential Winner is not a recipient of a Prize until he/she has been verified as a Winner by Sponsors. Upon finalizing all arrangements for each Winner, Sponsors will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for his or her Prize. If for any reason whatsoever, a Winner is unable to receive a Prize, Sponsors shall have no further obligation to such Winner. Sponsors are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the prizing. All prize details are at Sponsors' sole discretion. Winners will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes on prize based upon the value of the Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules and will be issued an IRS form 1099 for the value of the Prize received.
The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $9,588.00. Any details related to the Prizes not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, but are not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes are subject to change in Sponsors' sole discretion. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsors, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. VMN and Winner Produced Programming: VMN may produce a short montage video of the Featured Entries. All film/video/photo/audio/written material and programming created by VMN will be referred to as "Programming". VMN shall be the exclusive owner of the copyright and other rights in and to the Programming and Entrants whose entries are Featured Entries hereby assign any rights they may have in the Programming to VMN immediately within creation. VMN, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated broadcast stations and networks and licensees will be able to use the Programming forever and throughout the world, and to license others to use it, in any manner VMN wishes and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered or developed without notice, including for advertising, promoting and publicizing any of its products or services, such use may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut in synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Programming. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants whose entries are Featured Entries acknowledge that VMN may use the Programming in accordance with the permission granted herein without any compensation, royalty, payment, liability or obligation to the Entrants whose entries are Featured Entries or any third party. VMN is under no obligation to broadcast or otherwise exploit the Programming.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSORS' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsors. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsors are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
11. Request for Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 3, 2012 to: MTV Public Affairs, Attention: "Power Pic Sweepstakes", 40th Floor, New York, New York 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of the "Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, New York 10036 and Lenovo, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, North Carolina 27560. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.