1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Periods: The "Levi's Power of 12 Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on September 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 30, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). There will be two separate entry periods as follows:
Entry Period 1: Entries must be received between 12:00:01 PM (ET) on September 17, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 24, 2012 (the "First Entry Period").
Entry Period 2: Entries must be received between 12:00:01 PM (ET) on September 25, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 30, 2012 (the "Second Entry Period").
The First Entry Period and the Second Entry Period shall each be referred to as an "Entry Period" and collectively as the "Entry Periods".
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are legal residents of fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older and who have a Twitter account at the time of entry. (Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to enter be declared a Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("Sponsor"), Levi Strauss & Co. ("Levis"), Twitter Inc. ("Twitter") and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: Follow the @mtvpowerof12 Twitter account and, during the applicable Entry Period, retweet the following:
For the First Entry Period: retweet: "#GoForth and register to vote! RT for a chance to win a $250 @LEVIS gift card. Rules here: http://on.mtv.com/TYTjIP" (the "First Entry Period Tweet").
For the Second Entry Period: retweet: "#GoForth & get the democracy you deserve in #FantasyElection. RT & you might win $250 towards @LEVIS. Rules here: http://on.mtv.com/TYTjIP" ( the "Second Entry Period Tweet").
The First Entry Period Tweet and the Second Entry Period Tweet shall each be referred to individually as a "Tweet" and collectively, as the "Tweets")
(Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don't already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://www.twitter.com ("Twitter Web Site") and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.) By following @mtvpowerof12 and sending one of the Tweets including the applicable link, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the @mtvpowerof12 Twitter account located at http://www.twitter.com/mtvpowerof12 so you can see the Winners' announcement to see if you've won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond to the Winner's notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Winner may be selected. You must retweet the Tweets exactly as they appear above during the applicable Entry Period to count as one (1) entry. Automated Tweets or Tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified (the "Entries").
All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries". In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to "protected mode," your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor's @mtvpowerof12 inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: There will be one (1) winner selected from among all of the Eligible Entries received during each of the Entry Periods for a total of two (2) winners (the "Winner(s)"). Winners will be randomly selected within one (1) to two (2) days of the close of each Entry Period by Sponsor from the Eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Sponsor will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winner's selection to contact the potential Winner via his/her respective Twitter account and via tweets from http://www.twitter.com/mtvpowerof12. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Grand Prize Winner responds, as time permits.
6. Winner Verification: The potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members ("Releasees"), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner's social security number for tax purposes, if applicable (collectively, the "Releases"). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. The Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. The Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor's sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor's deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (2): Each Winners will receive one (1) $250 Levi's gift card to be used in compliance with its terms and conditions and as allowed by state law (the "Prize (s) ").
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor within approximately two (2) to four (4) weeks of selection and verification of the Winners. The value of the Prize actually received may be taxable to the Winner as income. Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, the Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely Winner's responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
10. Request for Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 30, 2012 to: MTV, Attention: "Levi Power of 12 Sweepstakes", 17th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of the "Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by MTV, a brand of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.